Thursday, May 28, 2009

Notes before leaving

I leave Dakar in two days. What are the things I want to do most before leaving?

1. Go to "posh bakery". Seriously, the thing I want to do most in Dakar is drink cappuccino and pretend I'm not in Senegal? The irony.

2. Buy things. I have already bought more things than I can afford and I will probably not even fit it all in my suitcase, but I can feel Marché Sandaga calling me, saying "You don't need this, but you know you want it. Don't you want to see how cheaply you can haggle it for??"

3. Cook Senegalese food. Isn't it sad that I've been here for 5 months, with someone in my house cooking authentic Senegalese dishes EVERY DAY, and countless offers to teach me how to cook, yet I have never once taken them up on it. So tomorrow I will cook with my maid, chebu yap, which means and is, literally, rice and meat.


Other last things that were completely necessary: trampolining on the beach, of course!

No comments: